Sunday, May 02, 2010


An Empty House…

Guess that’s what I would be coming home to everyday now =( My dog and best friend Sniffer passed away today. Letting go is never easy for anyone and it has always been one of the hardest things I had to do. How do you be ok with the fact that someone who you saw every day and was with every day won’t be around anymore? Especially someone who was with you for almost 17 years! Yup that’s how long Sniffer lived with us. Probably one of the hardest responsibilities fell upon my shoulders today morning as I had to take my dog and lay him to rest at the crematory. God! Taking him there brought back memories of how I took Peggie there a few years back to lay her to rest when she passed over – it was like Déjà-vu. My heart couldn’t take the burden; it just kept getting heavier and heavier as I rode there on my bike with Sniffer close to my chest. I kept telling myself that it would be ok and that it was his time to go to a better place, and I was fine… till I put him down one final time. The tears didn’t stop. I couldn’t let go, I wouldn’t let go, but I had to… that’s what made it so hard. I stood there and saw 17 years, 17 years of love, 17 years of joy, a 17 years old bond go away in a few seconds. Then, there came the void. That painful feeling of being hollow and empty inside. It is with that feeling that I am putting this post up. In my final words I would just like to say this to my best friend. Sniffer I am so sorry that you had to leave. I do hope you lived a peaceful life here with us. Once again I am also so, so, sorry for those 2 times I hit you really bad. I really wish I could say more to you but these words would never reach you now. I wish I could say more to you but this pain inside is pulling me down. Please forgive me and thank you for letting me feed you one last time before you left and above all, Thank you for bringing me all the joy and happiness a man’s best friend ever could. I love you my dog, you will always be in my heart and until we meet, I will miss you. =(

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Sniffer was a great friend and a special companion for you. I can very well feel what one goes through when someone close to your heart leaves you suddenly..

Words is all that i can give you to ease your pain..

Thinking of Sniffer,

Sherry